introductory

while I do work at a good company, a Fortune 5 company no less, ahem *clears throat*, where I guess most should be reasonably happy, the problem is as part of my work I do not create.

that to me is a big deal.

thankfully C++ was introduced way back into my life and I still remember the pain in the brain when it was able to for the first grasp the iterating logic of a for loop at the age of 14. i suppose it was destined then that i would return to OOP.

this time round I started on Jan 10th I believe and haven't been regular at it, the stupidest break came as I switched a bit to learning about Computer Networks. what an absolute waste of time and break of rhythm. Java is so vast but thankfully the wonderful way in which concepts were taught by Mr. Tim Buchalka (Udemy boot-camp instructor) and explained soooo well in everyone beginner's favourite Java book: Head First Java, that when I came back to it after what I guess was a 2.5 weeks break, I was able to resume... after one or two some kick-starts

lesson learnt: mistake will not be repeated. NO BRAKES/BREAKS!

happiest time of course was the last week all of which was spent at home (leave in March so doesn't lapse as it was year-end) learning Java, ofc with due accommodation for wife and a few lousy loud friends I tried to make the best of it.

within this time i have learnt enough to i believe crack the Oracle Certified Associate exam and get an associate level certification. target is to crack the professional level certification within three or at most four months.

plan may of course change. objective is to enter the Java and the broader OOP world, certification may help in a job and for folks to take me seriously coming from a non-developer background...

will blog on, started because I heard a programmer say on Quora that it really helps if you blog your learning journey, so here goes... adios for now. 

Comments

Popular Posts